Tuesday 26 November 2013

Day 73: Ramona by Helen Jackson


So far, most of the book covers I've reviewed have either been your stock standard hard cover or paperback. I believe this is the first textured book cover I've come across to feature on the blog!

When I think of a textured book, leather-bound books come straight to mind. People have leather-bound books for aesthetic reasons such as decorating a room or library shelves, and other people have leather-bound books that are simply versions of their favourite novels.

Whatever their motivations, I'm assuming this book cover isn't leather-bound. Instead it looks to me as if it's a rich, hard-wearing material. Perhaps linen (not that rich, even if you do pay a fortune for it) or canvas, both of which I have no particular knowledge about.

Either way, knowledgeable or not, there's no denying the wholesome, classical feeling you get when you see one of these books. It's like you're looking at a piece of history. And I have to mention the rich blue of the book! It's like a midnight swim.

Whether you own textured books and read them regularly or have them as mere displays, they're truly delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment