Wednesday 27 November 2013

Day 74: Creature by Andrew Zuckerman



If you've been piecing me together through this blog you'll know I love cats. Cats, dogs, cows, sheep, goats, you name it, I kinda love 'em. Animals are majestic creatures. But cats are my first true love.

Did you know, The Cat Fanciers' Association (wait, what?) recognizes 22 cat breeds that come with a solid black coat? Now you do. You're all the better for it. A solid black cat may be coal black, grayish black, or brownish black, with the exception of the oriental, sphynx and ragamuffin, just to name a few.

Although I have no idea what this book is about, judging from the cat, the title, and the colour, a few ideas pop to mind. Anarchy? Superstition? Bad luck? Who knows I'm not the one telling the story mate. Nevertheless the cover is striking and resounds within me. How can something so precious and innocent connote such negative themes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment