Monday 28 October 2013

Day 44: My First Little Boob Job by Bob Staak



This is really cute! I stumbled across these books on an advanced Google search. This illustrated series, "Satire, Humor and Visual Parody of Classic Children’s Books From the 1940s Through 1960s," are the classic children’s books that have been hijacked by illustrator Bob Staak. Described as subversive, disturbed, twisted, but full of humor! these book covers definitely made me look twice. I had to have them on here. I suppose it's because they're just SO wrong. And yet I can't help myself from laughing uncontrollably. At every single image. I'm currently favouriting the site so I can send the link in an appropriate work email to my colleagues tomorrow. This probably makes me look bad. Upon scrolling through this series I found I had actually stumbled upon a cover that I am all too familiar with! Check it: http://tinyurl.com/qebev4z. Once again we find ourselves questioning my moral compass. Let me know if you laughed as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment