Thursday 24 October 2013

Day 40: Bukowski for Kids by Black Sparrow Press



I love this cover! Half of the reason why is because I am attracted to the work of Charles Bukowski, the other half is because look at their cute little faces. And the other half is because I have read Green Eggs and Ham on Rye. 

Little boys and little girls should probably not have their chubby, wubby, grubby little hands on anything Charles Bukowski has. Reactions, as illustrated above, are guaranteed. I didn't even know there was such a thing as Bukowski for Kids, wait are we sure it is actually a thing? Dis gotta be a joke?

I have come up with a series of titles that Bukowski could have worked with in his children's series. In alphabetical order: 

  1. Cloudy With a Chance of Rum 
  2. Green Eggs and Hash on Rye
  3. The Very Horny Caterpillar
  4. Where the Rash Things Are

I did a judge of Green Eggs and Ham on Rye a little while back. Check it: http://tinyurl.com/metfwu8.


No comments:

Post a Comment