Monday 21 October 2013

Day 37: Reflections in a Golden Eye by Carson McCullers




Author says: I must firstly apologise for my rather plump fingers distracting from the actual task at hand. I'm sorry.

Upon taking to google, to well google this book in an attempt to further my knowledge of it, I discovered it was first published in 1970 as a paperback. This very book my sausage roll fingers are touching is actually an original.

And my, this book cover is really something else isn't it. Amongst the themes of sexuality, violence and voyeurism that jump out at me, it was (most importantly?) only 25c!

Ok so I may be demonstrating very poor moral judgement by valuing something on its dollar worth but srsly guise, what costs 25c these days? Certainly not too many things spring to mind.

Gone are the days of catching a bus for 50c, buying a 5c mixed bag of lollies, and getting into the public pool for just a buck. And the price of books. Like, I just want a book. I don't want a book made from the paper of trees born into the Caribbean that grew up in the South of France only listening to classical music that bathed in the tears of Jesus. I don't want to have to convert to the kindle, wah.

I love the feel of a physical book. I don't know if I can covert. Pro's and con's welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment