Sunday 20 October 2013

Day 36: Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser



Three quid for a classic? Now that's what I'm talking about. However it'd still be cheaper than buying from New Zealand with the exchange rate and shipping. Damn.

I love these little Penguin books! They are simply delightful. It would be great to have a collection of these books in my library. See https://einkeread.wordpress.com/2012/09/23/for-those-who-love-paperback-books-the-complete-penguin-classics-collection/ It would also be great to have a library. See http://www.onekindesign.com/2013/08/02/50-jaw-dropping-home-library-design-ideas/

I'm attracted to the simplicity of these books. I love the way they say it best, when they say nothing at all. (Keating, Ronan, 1999).

Why is simplcity so attractive to me? Stumbling upon a Leonardo da Vinci sums it up quite nicely. I take that back I searched for quotes, one does not just stumble upon da Vinci am I right?

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."

Plus I love the colour teal! Is that teal? I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment