Saturday 19 October 2013

Day 35: Start With Why by Simon Sinek


When I first saw this book cover I really liked it! It's bold, confident, and brilliant. And what's even better is that, from my initial thoughts, I had no idea what it was about! Alas, I have now realised that it's a leadership how-to book. Probably a really boring one too. So although this cover is actually quite deceptive. So nice work Sinek you got my attention then you threw it away. And even if it's not boring and it's as good as its cover, oh well, it's calling judging a book by its cover not not-judging a book by its cover.

Sinek should have gotten rid of all the white space, all the extra text, subheading, and his name and just had a book half the size with the title Start With Why exactly the same. Shit that would have been cool. I would see that book and think about reading it at the very least. I think it's the metallic red. I don't know what certain circles think of it, but I think it's pretty damn cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment