Tuesday 1 October 2013

Day 17: Greater by Steven Furtick


When I first saw this book cover I thought it read, "Great ER." Now that would be one hell of a book. Alas no, it simply reads as Greater. Still it's clever how they got my mind to play tricks on me like that. What I like about this book cover is it's lines and it's colour palette.

I've said it before (re: Day 16) and I will say it again: I like the colour orange. And all the colours that surround it. Not because it is the colour of the metro man's S/S '13 wardrobe.

I did a little digging.

"In Europe and America, orange is commonly associated with amusement, the unconventional, extroverts, fire, activity, danger, taste and aroma, the autumn season, and Protestantism. In Asia, it is an important symbolic colour of Buddhism and Hinduism."

Well, nothing there mentions that orange reminds me of citrus and summer (who does autumn even?) And those are the two selling points for me. Yum.

I like lines. And I like these lines. They're straight (key component) and some of them are orange (citrusy). The other point I'd like to make is that the words line up to the left. I like it when sentences do that.

Special thanks to the bro Kaylee, part-time hand and face glamour mod.


No comments:

Post a Comment