Sunday 29 September 2013

Day 15: Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion


#selfies #selfiequeen #ootd #pretty #cute #iphoneonly #picoftheday

Hai guize it's a selfie of Joan and I! This is a great book cover. This book cover is basically the inspiration of Ana Wintour ala Vogue at every fashion show in existence. See http://goo.gl/vQ8nFs. Quickly followed by Andre Leon Talley. Now see http://goo.gl/DCbEkf. Das real talk.

It's piercing, chic, and memorable. The sunglasses and the face as the focal point fascinates me from the moment I set eyes on this cover. Even the title of the book, Slouching Towards Bethlehem captures my attention.

The only thing that I would criticise (who me? never) is the little blocks of text and content here and there. Particularly the title in the orange smudge and the FSG Classic logo in the other orange smudge. Isn't smudge just a fantastic word? It seems busy to me and I don't like busy. There I said it.

Is it Joan or isn't it?! How intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment