Friday 1 November 2013

Day 48: Yes Please by Amy Poehler



This book cover is somewhat atypical of your big screen star. Portrait of themselves on the front? Check. Name in bold? Check. Witty title? Check. But I guess they can get away with all of that because they know it's gonna cash cheques. I also have my doubts over its content. Is the book about how hard it was making it as a female in the comedic-industry? Or coming from no money as a child? Or leaving home at 5 to pursue a career? Don't get me wrong, I know we all love a feel good story. I'm just pointing out the obvious. The things we don't think about when we pick up a celebrity tell-all but are in fact the same reasons why we pick up a celebrity tell-all because we're all voyeuristic by nature. Don't think I don't love Amy Poehler. Because I definitely do. Which is why I'm going to leave you with one of her truest quotes that should ring true in all of our hearts and minds.

"To say I'm an overrated troll, when you have never seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair."

No comments:

Post a Comment