Thursday 31 October 2013

Day 47: Can't Won't Stories by Lydia Davis



This book is ingenious. You are actually reading the book without knowing you are reading the book. Am I allowed to use contractions in this piece of writing? I feel like Lydia Davis will know. She will know, and then she will call me lazy. Please stand by as I attempt to refrain from the use of all contractions from this piece of work. And do not feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

This book cover is worthy of a stop, pick up, turn over, and if not put back down on the shelf, then walk around the bookstore with. It makes you read (duh), think (unfortunately) and ponder its purchase (debating if this is good or bad).

Something that makes you do, without doing anything at all, within a mere few moments, should deserve some recognition. One can only imagine the prose inside. I need not say anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment