Sunday 24 November 2013

Day 71: Street Art New York by Jaime Rojo and Steven P. Harrington



This book cover is particularly attractive to me because I appeal to books with strong visual imagery and bright intricate details (don't quote me on this - I am unpredictable and contradictory). I'm not particularly profound when it comes to art. I don't even really know how to appreciate the finer details. Sometimes I don't even know what I like and what I don't like.

This cover is something I particularly like because I have a genuine appreciation for street art. There are two schools of thought surrounding street art. Either you're a firm believer in the term graffiti and any form of writings or drawings, scribbled, scratched or sprayed in public places comes under that umbrella. I put myself in the category of the other school of thought, that the world is a canvas. Of course whenever you categorise something so arbitrary there will be grey areas. After all, how often can scribbling your name be called art?

No comments:

Post a Comment