Saturday 16 November 2013

Day 63: The Dark by Lemony Snicket



I want to reach through my computer screen and pull the boy away from the door and lock it forever. Too much? It's probably the garage or something right? Hmm if I know anything about Lemony Snicket, which I don't particularly, I know it's that nothing good is going to come from this. And although this book cover gives off an ominous scent that I can smell from a mile away, and like many horror movies, I can't help but want to know what happens. So I found out. Scroll down, if you dare.

"The voice of the dark was as creaky as the roof of the house, and as smooth and cold as the windows, and even though the dark was right next to Laszlo, the voice seemed very far away."

"What do you want?" asked Laszlo.

"I want to show you something," said the dark.

Now if that doesn't send shivers hurtling down your spine then I don't know what will. This is one of those rare covers that I see and immediately have to look inside. Mostly because it's a picture book, yes. My tendencies to think the worst of every situation really does not come in handy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment