Friday 15 November 2013

Day 62: The Martian by Andy Weir



I'm a big fan of science fiction because of how inexplicable it is. So often we aim to understand how things work, how to do things better, the reason why. But for a moment we can forget about understanding and we can just marvel at the enigmatic, baffling, and bewildering world of the unknown. For this reason this book cover appeals to me in a big way! Of course I appreciate there's much more to science, and fiction, and science fiction than just a cool story. I don't even know what this story is even about. It may be about bar-tending in the 1930's. Because of this cover, I would still (try) read it. 

“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room" - Ray Bradbury, Zen in the Art of Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment