Tuesday 5 November 2013

Day 52: A Day in the Life of Canada by David Cohen and Rick Smolan



Look at those pins! I've said it (more than) once and I'll say it again, no one likes a boy with nicer legs than you. And it's true. I would look like one of my childhood troll dolls next to him. To jog your memory: http://tinyurl.com/d2aawe.

If you can move past his model limbs please take your attention to the cover as a whole and just pause for a moment. We'll get to the cat soon. Now ask yourself this, would you use this image to advertise your country? If your answer is yes then congratulations you are one of three people, in the whole wide world, who own this book. (Also congratulations on being an author). If your answer is no then you're in the 99.999999% of the population who are re-thinking ever visiting Canada. Wait, are visitors to Canada greeted by child brides from the 1930's yielding baseball bats with their long-legged husband/brother/cousin in tow? I must appreciate the stifled giggles this cover has given me. Stifled because I am jealous I wasn't blessed with those pins.

The only redeeming feature on this cover is actually the precious cat. And even he's thinking, get me the hell out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment