Monday 4 November 2013

Day 51: All my friends are dead by Avery Monsen and Jory John



I first saw this book while browsing Iko Iko, one of the very best little gift shops in New Zealand. They often stock interesting and quirky little books like these, and try as I might, I can't help liking all of them. Like cats.

Covers such as these really pack a punch. And they're not even aimed at the 20-something audience I'm grouped in. Perhaps for cheeky devils like me who think its a great birthday present to those in our lives on the other side of the hill. I mean, I did email a copy of this image through to my boss along with a cheeky inquiry as to when his birthday was.

Although I've cheated somewhat, as I have on previous occasion flipped through this book, the content inside indeed lives up to the expectations that cover has set. We're basically just laughing at the inevitable. After all we're not making it out of this one alive. Life, I mean.

"Avery Monsen is an actor, artist, and writer. Jory John is a writer, editor, and journalist. They are friends. And neither is dead. Yet."

For your perusal: ikoiko.com

No comments:

Post a Comment