Wednesday 16 October 2013

Day 32: A Taste of the Unexpected by Roald Dahl


What I really like about this book cover is the simplistic, yet busy feast of illustration. Although they are all different in their own right, I really enjoy the way that they all come together on this one cover. Who know's what I'm really saying though. I don't. I'm scrambling.

There's something about illustration that I really enjoy. I put it down to the fact that it's because I cannot draw to save my life. True story. I even struggle with stick men, as simple as they may seem. So really I admire anyone with the skills of art. Art in the broadest of terms.

Buuuut I do have one suggestion towards the improvement of the cover. It could be nicer if it wasn't such a common blue. Right? It seems like the artist simply drew it on a napkin with a blue pen from the bottom of his bag and pasted it to the cover of this book. Is that potentially the purpose of this cover? Well if it is then yeah I got it.

I like Roald Dahl though. So, you know. I could read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment