Saturday 21 September 2013

Day 7: Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger


For inspiration today I took to search engine Google. The second best answer to any problem.* I typed in, "famous book cover," (I've obviously mastered the art of internet) and this is the first image that came up. Funnily enough this Salinger novel has been made into a documentary that's showing at the cinemas at the moment.

But who would have known that this, see above, would capture the imagination of Hollywood execs billions of years on. Today, this book cover is gracing the walls of young English Literature students, as art.

It's a brilliant cover for which I think so because of its simplicity. My motto, although sometimes a heady task, is the simpler the better. It's simple, it's striking, it sits well.

*The first is duct tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment