Friday 20 September 2013

Day 6: Ham On Rye by Charles Bukowski


"Find what you love and let it kill you."

Ahh Bukowski, you are, in my humble* opinion, a writing great. But I'm not here to go on about the man (?) I'm here to judge him...well actually just the cover of this book. No matter what lies beneath the big blue.

I like ham, and I'm indifferent about rye. Green is my favourite colour, and I'm undecided about blue. This cover speaks nothing to me because it looks like a textbook I was once forced to buy during the long slog at university. It was called Political Ideologies, or New Zealand Politics, or Cross-Cultural Communications, or maybe it was Information Technology Systems, or some shit I care not to remember. All I know is I paid big $$ for several of these that I only opened around exam time.

I do not have time for this cover. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

*Not often is "humble" used to describe my opinion - is it even a word?

No comments:

Post a Comment