Thursday 26 September 2013

Day 12: Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner


I like cats. I like this cover. I would like to read this book.

Skippyjon Jones must be the smartest cat in the world. And the cutest, and the funnest, and probably also the funniest. He's on a book cover! And he's a cat. I feel I must explain to you why I'm drawn to this particular cover. However I feel more inclined to tell you why I love cats so much in general. Alas, I will stick to the task at hand.

The imagery evokes painfully cute connotations of sweetness, playfulness and fluff. His brightest of blue eyes simply pierces the heart. And he is sitting in a pot plant that's at least twice his size. Now I don't know what that means, but it's gotta be something good. I think it's absolutely clever the way Judy has written her name on it. The colours are soft and comfortable, seemingly as is Skippyjon's demeanour and name.

There's just the right amount of everything on this page. And everything on this book is appropriate for the type of book this is, a light-hearted autobiography.

1 comment: