Saturday 30 November 2013

Day 77: 5ПЯТИЛЕТКА



I think I was a Russian in a past life. A Russian or a Mongolian. I read Five Months in A Leaky Boat in primary school and became obsessed. It's not particularly a great book, at all. But I simply loved it and it sparked my love and interest in Russia (Mongolia too). This book, however, may be somewhat of a pill to swallow. Firstly, I don't speak Russian, unless vodka translates to vodka. Secondly, I don't read Russian, unless vodka translates to vodka. I'm beginning to think in these circumstances vodka could come in handy.

It is a really striking book cover even if I have no idea what's going on. There could be some hardcore blasphemy against the entire human race inside there. Bit of light reading, huh? And of course the colour red and Russia really transpire to something else. Putting my half-hearted political innuendos aside, the Russian culture, history and people are something to think about. Then again if you're not a history enthusiast like myself you can enjoy the design. This book cover is apparently quite famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment