Thursday 21 November 2013

Day 68: Interim Goddess of Love by Mina V. Esguerra



Unfortunately my life is not as interesting as the characters embroiled in passionate and romantic novels such as this. Well so I imagine. So rather than bore you with what I know about...anything really, I decided to compile a list of quotes that sum up my thoughts on romantic novels. In no particular order, and in no particular sense I might add:

“I am ever a gentle maiden," she shouted. "Damn if I'm not.” 
- Julie Garwood, Honor's Splendour

“I had a romance novel inside me, but I paid three sailors to beat it out of me with steel pipes.” 
- Patton Oswalt

“I thought of writing a summary about you, but when I finished it was a book.” 
― Amit Kalantri, I Love You Too

“it takes one to know one” 
- Suzanne Collins

"Romance novels have this way of making real life not so romantic at all."
- Unknown 

And this last quote is probably the best. Capturing the moments of romantic novels that make you wonder why you read anything else, and the moments of romantic novels that make you want to read literally anything else:

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it."
- P.J. O'Rourke

No comments:

Post a Comment