Thursday 7 November 2013

Day 54: Wide Awake: A Memoir of Insomnia by Patricia Morrisroe



During my time writing this blog I've come to appreciate the power and interpretation of colour psychology. More specifically colour psychology in design. While many designers, marketers, branders etc. see colour as an important aspect to what they do, as colour is used to influence emotion and perception, personal preference will always take a firm hold.

Like some, when I see yellow, I often imagine large bellowing sunflowers. Although, to be perfectly honest with you, sometimes certain shades of yellow can make me feel a bit ill, like something went down the wrong way. And looking at this book cover, I'm immediately feel a bit sickly. It has something to do with the shocking yellow, the stark black contrast of text, as well as the word, "insomnia." A hint of what's to come?

Even though you don't want to put people off what you're selling or doing, sometimes any emotional reaction is a good one. In this case, although I don't want to look at this cover any longer than I have to, I would like to read it. Any publicity is good publicity right?

No comments:

Post a Comment